We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- No cook starters
A creamy avocado spread with soured cream to spread on bread or eat with crackers.
2 people made this
- 1 ripe avocado
- 100g soured cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small onion, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- minced fresh chives for garnish
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
MethodPrep:5min ›Ready in:5min
- Cur avocado in half, remove stone and scoop out the flesh Puree with the soured cream, lemon juice and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chives and basil.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Avocados have never tasted better! This avocado spread has only 3 ingredients and takes as quick as mashing one, to make. Tasty enough for a dip, spread, snack and easy appetizer! My favorite way to eat avocados!
I was not an avocado fan or avocado toast kinda person. Avocados just tended to be too bland and not that good tasting unless it was a guacamole dip. Lemon juice seemed to be over-powering and some simple spices just didn&rsquot cut it for me. It wasn&rsquot until one morning when I threw together some vinegar (works as the acidic agent to prevent browning) and the everything bagel seasoning that this happened to be. Total game changer! I can actually eat this stuff by the spoon and on plain toast! I love it so much I even brought this to a gathering as a dip with pita chips and was commented on how good it tasted! The BEST avocado spread or dip if you wish!
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium. Add sliced scallions and a pinch of salt cook, stirring frequently, until scallions just start to brown around the edges, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer scallions and oil to a medium bowl. Add avocado, yogurt, and remaining 3/4 tsp. salt stir to combine, lightly mashing avocado so mixture is slightly chunky. Taste and adjust seasonings. Top with finely chopped scallions. Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips alongside, if using.
This Recipe is Featured In:
Mexican-Inspired Avocado Cream
It is no secret that we are huge fans of avocado and will jump at any chance of adding it to any of our dishes, so this Mexican-Inspired Avocado Cream recipe is very welcomed. It’s much better than simple mashed avocado and much creamier than the classic guacamole. You’ll love it!
5-Minute Magic Cream
This delicious avocado cream could turn any unexciting leftovers into a fantastic dish. In 5 short minutes, you could have an insanely delicious (and healthy!) creamy dressing for a colorful buddha bowl, potatoes or salads.
You can also use it as a quick dip or spread! Perfect for chips, pita chips, or lunch sandwiches.
Why Do Avocados Turn Brown and How to Prevent it
Have you ever wondered why every time you open an avocado it’s a race against time until they turn brown and look very unappetizing? We feel you! It can be very frustrating and no matter how perfect that first avocado half was, the second half won’t live up to it.
So, why do they turn brown? Why do they go from this gorgeous bright green to a musty greenish-brown? The simple answer, oxygen. Avocados contain an enzyme which, when in contact with air, makes them turn that brownish undesirable color. This is very important to keep in mind because it helps us figure out ways to prevent it.
How do I prevent it? There are a few tricks that will delay the browning.
- Store it: Preferably in an (extremely) air-tight container, bag or wrap it with plastic as tight as you can.
- Squeeze a lemon on top of it: This is the oldest trick in the book but it works to a certain extent. We advise you not to wait for more than a couple of hours to eat it.
- Store it with an onion: Strange, right? Well, apparently onions and avos get along pretty
well. Onions contain sulfur which prevents the avocado from making contact with the oxygen.
Do you have a favorite way to keep your avos fresh and green?
- 4 small avocados or 2 large avocados, pitted and peeled
- ¼ cup of red or yellow onion
- 3 or 4 small garlic cloves (depending on garlic preference)
- ½ to 1 tablespoon of minced cilantro (depending on your cilantro preference)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of salt (depending on your salt preference)
- ½ of a small jalapeno (optional, if you like spicy)
In a food processor, add all of the ingredients and wiz on high until completely creamy. Where there are a range of measurements on the ingredients list, start with the small amounts, and add more based on your preferences.
What to serve with, variations + storing
Like guacamole this cream sauce pairs well with Mexican and Southwestern flavors. You can also use it on top of a delicious steak , chicken, pork chop…really most meats taste delicious with this sauce as a topping.
You don’t have to stop there either. Try using this sauce on top of baked potatoes , as a dip for fried zucchini , a spread on your sliders . You might as well plant an avocado tree in your yard because you’ll want to have this dip on everything!
- Dip for veggies, chips, crackers, wings
- Mexican food tacos, burritos, quesadillas etc…
- Dressing for coleslaw and salads
- Use plain unsweetened greek yogurt in lue of sour cream
- Garlish with fresh cilantro
- Turn up the heat with some cayenne pepper, red chili flakes or add some diced jalapenos.
Storage : Best within 2-3 days, but may last longer. It gets eaten too quickly around here to test its longevity. Be sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
Chocolate Covered Katie is one of the top 25 food websites in America, and Katie has been featured on The Today Show, CNN, Fox, The Huffington Post, and ABC's 5 O’Clock News. Her favorite food is chocolate, and she believes in eating dessert every single day.
Healthy Banana Bread
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Black Bean Brownies – No Flour Required!
Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes
Sign up below to receive exclusive & always free healthy recipes right in your inbox:
How to make avocado spread from scratch
Get a bowl that is large enough to hold the avocado flesh. I used a soup bowl, but it was quite full, so next time I would something larger. It does make the mixing easier.
To the flesh, add salt, pepper, olive oil, chia seeds and lemon juice. Give everything a good mix and taste. Top with (or stir in) finely chopped chili peppers and serve!
- On a toast or rice cakes, crackers or freshly baked sourdough bread
- You can turn it into an avocado dip and enjoy it with tortilla chips or crackers.
- Add hard-boiled, poached or sunny-side up eggs, roasted tomatoes, fresh radish, cucumbers, arugula and make open avocado sandwiches.
- Throw it into a food processor and turn it into a healthy avocado butter or use it on bagels with smoked salmon (instead of Philadelphia cheese).
Tips for making the best avocado spread
- Use ripe avocados. You will see how easy they are to mash. If you can squash the flesh with hardly any effort, they are perfect!
- Feel free to use less/more seasoning, if you prefer. Everyone’s taste is different, so make sure to give it a try first and then add a bit of salt, pepper or lemon juice, if you feel that it’s needed.
- I am using mild chili peppers, but you can use any chili peppers that are available at your local store, preferably those that you have already used before, so you know how much to use. You can omit them if you are not a fan of spicy foods, but they do give a nice kick to this easy avocado spread, so I highly recommend trying it. At first, start with using a little piece and see if you like it.
- Chia seeds are completely optional and can be substituted with flaxseeds or other seeds if you like. You can also just sprinkle them on top of the spread.
- Instead of chia seeds, sprinkle some everything bagel seasoning over or stir it into the avocado mixture before adding salt, taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking!
- Make sure to use good-quality olive oil. I always use extra virgin oil because it is cold-pressed and has the most health benefits.
How to store avocado spread?
This quick breakfast spread is best enjoyed right away, but it can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days if stored properly. I suggest keeping any leftovers in a jar, air-tight container or a bowl covered with plastic wrap.
Why did my avocado spread turn brown?
Browning is caused by oxidation and it’s a normal process that occurs to many fruits when they are cut open and are exposed to oxygen.
Lemon juice helps keep the fruits (or this spread made with avocado) slow down the browning process, but it might not stop it completely. So, please, don’t panic, if you find your avocado spread a bit discolored. Give it a good mix before you spread it over your toast and enjoy!
How To Make Our Avocado Dip (45 Sec):
We start by mashing avocados. This takes approximately one minute, depending on your ninja-level mastery of avocado mashing.
And now, we stir in some garlic powder, salt, and just a nice big thwap of plain Greek yogurt (anyone else see that episode? thank u for the pro tip, Antoni ♡).
And now, a little lime juice.
This avocado dip is ultra-creamy, with a boost of tang and protein and some friendly probiotics from the yogurt. The flavor is tangy, salty, and super satisfying. It’s something that can materialize almost instantaneously when you need something happy to eat STAT. You don’t even need to dirty up a cutting board (unless you want cilantro, which, yes, is delicious).
Also worth noting that this avocado dip spreads nicely on tacos – kind of like a mash-up between sour cream and straight avocado. Yum. Personally I recommend this dip + these tacos.
I mean, you definitely have two minutes, right? I think the time has come.
Ways to use Smashed Avocado Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Spread
Gosh, there are so many ways but here are some of my favorites. I&rsquod love to hear yours!
- Bagels and Toast &ndash this is a no-brainer. Just toast up your favorite bagel or bread (and yes it can totally be gluten-free!) and add as little or as much as you want!
- Sandwiches &ndash spread this on grilled chicken and bacon focaccia for example! It also goes really well on a club sandwich too!
- Burgers &ndash whether it&rsquos beef or turkey burger, slathering some of this spread on is a game-changer!
- Wraps &ndash Add this to a veggie or chicken wrap with some crunchy veggies and you have one killer wrap!
- Nachos &ndash serve this instead of regular guacamole for a delicious twist!
How to Store Avocado Spread
So avocados can be finicky when it comes to storing them so they don&rsquot oxidize or turn brown.
I&rsquom sure you&rsquove tried the &ldquoput the pit in the dip and store it&rdquo method. I&rsquove had 50/50 luck with that working. What I have found that does work is the following:
- Place the leftover spread in a bowl and grab your plastic wrap.
- Tear off a large piece and press it down onto the spread. You are creating a blanket directly against the spread. This usually helps it last a day, maybe 2.
What about cut avocados?
Say you only want to make half batch. You have a few options on how to store the other half of the cut avocado.
- Brush or squeeze a bit of lemon or lime juice against the exposed surface of the avocado. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Store the avocado in clean, cool water, covered in the fridge.
Doritos Avocado Dip
After all the avocado-based dip is a Mexican-food staple and untold millions of corn tortilla chips had already been dipped in the stuff. 1 potje Doritos Mild Salsa.
How To Make Guacamole With Video Recipe Guacamole Guacamole Recipe Mexican Food Recipes
Sweet potato avocado garlic blue cheese dill lemon juice and 15 more.
Doritos avocado dip. 150g veganistische kaas naar. Despite being new to the UK if youre of a certain age you might recall Guacamole Doritos being sold in the US. 200g – 300g Doritos Naturel of Guacamole.
As mentioned above sour cream refried beans avocado and diced tomatoes are all relatively bland ingredients that can add dip to simple Dorito chips. The innovators who come up with new Doritos flavors probably thought they were really on to something when they created Doritos Guacamole. View Product Doritos 3D Crunch Corn Snacks Chili Cheese Nacho Flavored.
This silky spread packs incredible flavor into each scoopable bite. Step 1 Combine tomatoes Cheddar cheese mozzarella cheese green onions and green bell pepper together in a bowl. 100g veganistische kaas naar keuze.
Guacamole Doritos guacamoledoritos Guacamole doritos Guacamole A post shared by Sssniperrobin mdrobin367 on Dec 13 2019 at 926am PST Once the photos of these chips started to circulate the Internet snack aficionados everywhere went wild. Why not save everyone a step and make a guacamole chip. Want a stellar summer hors doeuvre that comes together almost instantly.
Doritos this year is launching a new product. The Best Doritos Dip Recipes on Yummly Taco Salad Taco Casserole Doritos Chicken Strips. Free Shipping on Eligible Items.
3D crunch on the Super Bowl stage with help from A-List celebs Matthew McConaughey Jimmy Kimmel Mindy Kaling. The dip flavor might be on the chip but adding a little cool creaminess adds the dip to the chip. Are They Really New.
Add dressing and hot pepper sauce and mix well. RixipixGetty ImagesiStockphoto Party like a guac star with this sweet and savory pairing that benefits from creamy avocado. So maybe these new chips arent exactly novel.
We tested 10 brands and found the best queso dip you can get at the grocery store. Salted Lemon Thyme Chips with Feta Dip KitchenAid. Corn Vegetable Oils Corn Sunflower Rapeseed in varying proportions Guacamole Seasoning Whey Powder from Milk Salt Flavouring contains Milk Potassium Chloride Acidity Regulators Citric Acid Sodium Acetate Sugar Onion Powder Chilli Pepper Powder Tomato Powder Colour Copper Complexes of Chlorophylls and Chlorophyllins.
Lays also used to make a Cool Guacamole flavor. Doritos 3D Crunchy Flavored Corn Snacks Spicy Ranch Flavored.
Mexican Guacamole And Salsa Dip Nachos Tortilla Chips By Duskbabe S Photos Ad Ad Salsa Guacamole Mexican Mexican Guacamole Tortilla Chips Salsa Dip
Doritos With Avocado Basil Food Doritos Food Lover
Such A Simple Snack Smashed Avocado And Nacho Cheese Doritos Yummy Food Easy Snacks Favorite Recipes
Dorito Dip Appetizer Recipes Dorito Dip Recipes
Top 10 British Cake Recipes Top Inspired Receitas Receitas Saborosas Petiscos
Japanese Doritos Avocado Cheese Doritos Food Avocado
Dorito Chip Dip The Tipsy Housewife Food Best Football Food Best Chip Dip